We are one of the world’s leading organizations (Big 6) of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. With more than 53,000 our people, across over 135 countries, we are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.
In India, we are one of the largest fully integrated Assurance, Tax and Advisory firms in the country. With 5,600+ people and presence in 15 locations. We aim to be the No. 1 firm in providing robust advisory and growth solutions to dynamic Indian global companies.
Aout the firm: One of the largest fully integrated Assurance, Tax and Advisory firms in the country. With 6,500+ people and presence in 15 locations. We aim to be the No. 1 firm in providing robust advisory and growth solutions to dynamic Indian global companies.
Profile: Direct Tax
Designation: Assistant Manager
Salary range: 11-15 Lpa
Experience required: 2-5 years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Handling Direct Tax Advisory services (Domestic & International)
- Representation and litigation support including income tax assessments and appeals. Drafting submissions for assessments/appeals. Attending to notices from the income tax department.
- Handling complex tax issues and developments such as BEPS, GAAR, indirect transfers etc.
- Handling advisory, litigation and business tax requirements of clients comprising of providing holistic tax solutions to Client tax issues considering domestic tax and international tax. Provide tax risk analysis pro-actively on transactions planned by Clients. Suggesting possible structuring options to meet the desired objectives of the client. Manage all tax compliances relating to a portfolio of Clients.
- Assistance in withholding tax advisory
- Preparation of key corporate tax returns and tax positions
- Maintaining data controls of research papers and conduct hygiene checks on regular intervals.
- Maintaining healthy relationship with the clients and understanding their requirement and gearing up to deliver as per client expectations.
- Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities as well as compliance gaps.
- Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
- Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
- Drafting & preparing proposals & pitch presentations. Assisting seniors in preparing strong pitching ground to acquire new business.
- Identifying leads from external & existing clients. Grow industrial knowledge and scope to enhance services to existing clients.
- Regularly updating knowledge management database with new updates. Sharing tax and industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams
- Research and assistance in preparation of research papers to formulate the firm’s position on direct tax /Transaction tax issues
- Research and assistance in writing technical articles for print and online media
- Research and drafting direct tax thought leadership publications
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Post qualification experience in Direct Tax of at least 2 years
- Experience in handling of taxation for expatriates would be added advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in undertaking Income tax, Company Law and Regulatory compliances.
- The candidate should have good understanding of the Income Tax Law and other Acts such as Companies Act and FEMA.
- Good communication skills