The Employer is a consulting firm having offices in India (Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Pune and Kolkata), Singapore and Dubai. It is a renowned firm in tax and regulatory practice in India. It is one of the leading tax advisory firms in India and is recognised as the India Tax Firm of the year 2017,2018, 2019 & 2020 by International Tax Review.
Senior Associate – Transfer Pricing (will also induce FEMA, Direct Tax and International Taxation)
Carrying out Transfer Pricing benchmarking studies & qualitative analysis for our clients based on analyst reports, client documents, interviews, and industry trade press; Performing Transfer Pricing Documentation Working with our clients/network offices to ensure that we have the internal information needed for our analysis
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT
REPORTS TO: NAME
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
· Thorough understanding of Transfer pricing as a concept and TP law in India. Should be in a position to identify areas for discussion with Seniors / clients.
· Handling assessments and appeals relating to Transfer Pricing officer / DRP and drafting of submissions
· Independently carrying out detailed search on the databases (Prowess, Capitoline, etc.).
· Maintain data controls of research papers and conduct hygiene checks on regular intervals. Prepare service summary.
· Preparing Accept/ Reject matrix by reviewing the business descriptions from the databases, websites, etc, and preparing the draft comparable.
· Preparation of Form 3CEBs and Transfer Pricing Documentation Reports. Independent handling of Tax Audit of MNCs u/s 44Ab of the Act.
· Calculation of margins of the comparable companies selected by the TPO during assessment. Preparing multiple comparable sets based on various quantitative filters such as RPT, turnover, employee costs, etc.
· Understanding client requirement from Client/Principals and gearing up to deliver by way of the following: Analyzing available information & prepare checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client
· Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities as well as compliance gaps. Administer all direct tax processes and compliance, including corporate tax, transfer pricing, financials related certifications, fringe benefit tax, withholding tax etc.
· Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions while involving Articles in data research for working on the base report of the assignment.
· Preparing submissions and replies to be filed with the tax office (both tax and transfer pricing)
· Supporting Principals & Partners by drafting memo's/ opinions and reports, getting them reviewed and presenting the final report with client for closure. Building client relationship and confidence by demonstrating thorough understanding and of the client's requirements and business.
· Demonstrating professionalism by working within legal and regulatory guidelines while remaining independent and objective at all times.
· Drafting Appeals for review by Partner/principal & attend hearing. Planning & Coordinating with clients for obtaining necessary documents. Attending hearings/ submission of appeal and proactively updating the client on a regular basis with regards to assignment development.
· Reviewing Notice/Orders and responding to them by way of the following: Analyzing available information & preparing checklist to acquire necessary data/documents from client. Researching & scrutinizing all aspects of the assignment with the team to ideate and provide optimal solutions.
· Draft & prepare proposals & pitch presentations. Evaluate potential business acquisition areas. Assist principal/partners in preparing strong pitching ground to acquire new business.
· Evaluate potential business acquisition areas and possible additional service expansion opportunities.
· Identify leads from external & existing clients. Grow industrial knowledge and scope to enhance services to existing clients.
· Draft engagement letters accurately. Take care of the end to end invoicing process including follow ups for outstanding's & tracking payment status.
Research & Technical Opinions
· Execute an exhaustive research for the clients in line with their expectations. Ensure usage of all tools (External market data/internal portals) to generate effective research.
· Downloading and saving TP and non TP related case laws
· Undergo regular technical trainings/ knowledge sharing session within team to deliver effectively as well as efficiently.
People & Team Management
· Conduct regular connect sessions with team to identify areas of interest & expertise. Ensure task are equally & fairly allotted to the team.
· Design coaching programs to groom Trainee Articles. Promotes the way using examples and incidents around the values.
· Regularly update Knowledge management database with new updates. Share industry updates with the team and encourage sharing of best practices within team and across teams.
· Saving TP and non TP related articles, comments written by experts, updating statistics on adjustments, APA related etc in appropriate manner in soft copy
· Develop content for networking in external events & seminars. Share knowledge acquired from external forums with team members. Develops industry/ business and sector knowledge.
· Representing & endorsing our's expertise and scope of service at various external forums. Interacting with peers and building a high-quality network in the industry.
· Publishing articles& research papers on regular basis. Sharing knowledge and learning at external forums to increase visibility and credibility.
Essential skills, experience & attributes:
· 3 to 5 years of experience in Transfer Pricing & International tax practice.
· Should have decent knowledge on Direct tax laws and Exchange control regulation
· Good command over MS Excel - can use formulas and comfortable with computations
· Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels). Ability to communicate and interact with clients
· An energetic and innovative individual with entrepreneurial attitude and strong business acumen.
· Financial analysis and modelling skills with excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
· Stress resilient with ability to handle multiple simultaneous priorities
· Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently under pressure with close attention to detail.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities
No. Of Vacancy10
Offered Salary8 - 21 Lac
IndustryBig CA firm